Activision Publishing is currently looking for a Technical Director to join the Mobile Team. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for leading and launching great games.
As the Technical Director of AP's Mobile Team, you will help guide the technical foundation of our mobile initiative and manage the technical roadmaps across multiple projects. In partnering with both internal and external studios, your goals will be to manage the technical development from concept to release and deliver great high-quality games that achieve franchise initiatives, as well as attain their financial and schedule goals on time. You will be work in conjunction with multiple multi-functional groups, ranging from Activision leadership and development studios.
• Defining 3-Year Technical Roadmaps for all technology within Activision Publishing's Mobile team
• Providing technical guidance from a Mobile perspective throughout the organization
• Auditing the technical quality of emerging technologies and integrations
• Auditing the technical quality of all major project breakthroughs
• Defining Configuration Management, Automation and Operational strategies in partnership with central teams
• Identifying and mitigating all technical risks for the Mobile team
Battle Tested Leader
• 7+ years leadership experience in the AAA, casual or mobile gaming industry
• Minimum 2 full project cycles of experience managing at a Technical Director capacity, running a large franchise project in the gaming industry
• Experience with defining and leading platform initiatives
• Extensive experience with a breadth of programming languages and tools
• Ability to identify risks early and often and suggest mitigation strategies that are thought through and consider multiple paths to a solution
• Exceptional communication and leadership skills
• Strong influencing skills
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent-masters preferred
• Passion for making video games
• You speak other languages; specifically, the languages of marketing, PR, sales, QA, CS, Localizations, Tech, AV, CRM, etc. Leading the Technical aspects of the game is only part of the job, you'll need to collaborate with all kinds of diverse groups and people
• Experience effectively collaborating with internal teams and development studios within the video game industry. You will only be as successful as your relationship with the development teams allows you
Strategist with the Skills to Execute
• High Technical savvy
• Business owner/operator approach
• Never afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
• Facilitator who clear roadblocks in front of your team or the development team
Organizer and Problem Solver
• There are always many balls in the air – JUGGLE THEM ALL
• Can you take what looks to be impossible and make it possible through ingenuity, creativity and any other means vital to get the job done?
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many subject areas and is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with outstanding rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as advised by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners. Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro554p-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.