The Sr. Manager of Business Analytics will work closely with Internal Product Groups, Finance, Studios, Executive Management, and Technology organizations to deliver proactive and on request critical insights to support and drive strategic business unit decisions. Candidates must possess an uncanny ability to translate data and analytics for business stakeholders and grow that ability in their team members. The right candidate will have the passion, experience, skills, and abilities to turn large and complex data sets into meaningful and actionable intelligence that supports the needs of the business, identifies valuable opportunities, and improves the overall user experience of our consumers. As a company, we have a tremendous amount of data on how our players and fans interact with our games. What we need is an analytics expert who can turn that data into action – all driving towards increasing gamer fun.
• Provide thought leadership in several areas: engagement and digital economy optimization, gamer profiling, churner profiling, and spender profiling, behavioral analysis, data strategy and analytic approaches
• Provide high quality consumer and data analytics to all areas of the business, interface with product, studio, finance and engineering staff, and assist the technical instrumentation of the analytics platform.
• Lead the business analytics analysis team, developing their analytic abilities and leadership skills.
• Create decks that illustrate key findings, along with providing detailed monthly and quarterly results overview to management.
• Work with senior leadership to answer strategic business questions through the use of behavioral data.
• Work across multiple data sources and code bases to develop a complete picture of gamer behavior.
• Collaborate and build relationships with other analytic groups across the organization to share / incorporate learnings along with best practice and methods.
• Work with data engineers to build data pipelines, ETL processes and database schemas to ensure data is easily usable and dependable downstream.
• 5+ years of experience in database analytics with very large, complex and multi-dimensional datasets
• Advanced SQL querying skills required, Python a plus
• Knowledge in utilizing BI tools such as Tableau & Alchemy
• Experience working on Data Warehouse platforms such as Redshift and GCP
• Ability to dive into an analytics problem, synthesize disparate data, and communicate not only data, but meaningful insights and recommendations
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organization.
• A passion for video games and the potential business results that can stem from the rich data sets they offer
• Experience with large customer behavioral data sets (gaming, retail, financial services) and experience in ETL processes to define database logic, schemas and optimize data infrastructure
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision Blizzard is a global interactive entertainment software leader and the world's largest independent video game publisher.
The company's product portfolio includes Activision Publishing's Call of Duty®, and Skylanders™ franchises and such established licensed properties as Spider-Man™, X-Men™, James Bond™, and Transformers™, as well as Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises.
Activision Blizzard is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment and provides corporate shared services such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales, for both companies.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjvw50-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.