Welcome to Activision Mobile. We're a new in-house studio, dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world. Our first project is a new AAA mobile title in the Call of Duty franchise, Warzone on Mobile, and we're looking for great talent from mobile, console, and PC backgrounds passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be. We're incredibly excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special.
Activision Publishing is currently looking for a Senior Director of Technology, Mobile (Senior Technical Director) to join the Mobile Team. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and consistent track record for leading and launching great games.
You will help guide the technical foundation of our mobile initiative and own the technical roadmaps across multiple projects. In partnering with both internal and external studios, your goals will be to lead the technical development from concept to release and deliver excellent high-quality games that achieve franchise initiatives, as well as attain their financial and schedule goals on time.
You will be part of the leadership team partnering with the Mobile CTO and work in conjunction with multiple cross-functional groups, ranging from Activision executive leadership and development studios. You will use your experience to improve the technology of mobile, assess new technologies, and manage the integration/creation of various SDKs, as well as drive key franchise initiatives with both developers and internal department leads.
• Defining 3-Year Technical Roadmaps for all technology within the Activision Mobile team
• Providing technical mentorship from a Mobile perspective throughout the organization
• Auditing the technical quality of new technologies, integrations, and all major project achievements
• Defining configuration management, automation, and operational strategies in partnership with central teams
• Identifying and mitigating all technical risks for the team
• 10+ years of leadership experience in the AAA, casual, or mobile gaming industry
• Minimum 2 full project cycles of experience leading at a Technical Director capacity, running a large franchise project in the gaming industry
• Experience with defining and leading platform initiatives
• Extensive experience with a breadth of programming languages and tools
• Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group efficiency
• Ability to identify risks early and often and suggest mitigation strategies that are thought through and consider multiple paths to a solution
• Experience effectively collaborating with internal teams and development studios
• Outstanding communication and leadership skills
• Strong influencing skills
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent - masters preferred
• Passion for making video games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g349w9-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.