Senior Technical Artist, Toys For Bob
Job Title:Network Engineer - Toys For Bob
Toys for Bob is looking for a dynamic Network Engineer to join our team in creating the next generation in our history of award-winning, best-selling games, including the previously released, "Spryo Reignited Trilogy". http://spyrothedragon.com/.
Toys For Bob is looking for a talented Network Engineer to help bring our online experience to a higher level. As the Network Engineer, you will be responsible for client features, multiplayer systems, online community features, and tools. You'll be expected to get quickly familiarized with existing codebases and be able to write elegant, high performing extensible code that works well within a collaborative environment. In addition, the Network Engineer will be responsible for improving game network traffic efficiency, instrumenting and analyzing numerous game systems, and building scalable systems to synchronize state between client, server and backend.
• Work closely with other Engineering and Design teams (Gameplay, UI) to Design, write, debug and refine online systems, features, tools and infrastructure
• Author or contribute to technical designs and documentation
• Optimizing and maintaining existing code (C/C++)
• Architect and mplement high performance networking code solutions for both client-side and server-side game logic
• Instrument, profile, analyze, and optimize network game traffic
• 3+ years programming experience with at least 2 years focus on networking and online systems
• Shipped 1-2+ game title(s) (we will consider applicants with 1+ game title for a mid-level role)
• Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ and experience with a scripting language(s)
• Excellent knowledge of algorithms, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code
• Proficiency in client-server networking architecture, network protocols, and peer-to-peer architectures
• Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, software design patterns and object-oriented design
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other engineers, systems designers and producers
• Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical AAA console games for over 25 years. We play in a former military hangar that's been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge. Best known for inventing the ''Toys to Life'' genre with Skylanders, we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to create memorable new experiences that inspire joy through levity and play. If you love games, are great at what you do, and don't take yourself too seriously, we'd love for you to be part of the family!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.