Activision Blizzard plays a centralised role in the creation of epic entertainment. Supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
This role is offered on a hybrid-working basis, meaning there will be a split of being based at our UK office in Soho, London and also work from home.
Our office in London has free snacks and drinks and an on-site gym
As a part of the newly formed ''centre of expertise'' Employee Relations team, you will serve as a key driver in facilitating the transformation of our ER work. Through handling of critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and time critical, acting as a challenger of current practices you will elevate the care and attention that we provide our employees. You will work in close partnership with our HR and Law department to drive consistent ER processes across the organization while minimising risk and ensuring a positive ethical workplace.
Priorities can often change in an evolving environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following accountabilities:
• Partner with Activision Blizzard's Ethics & Compliance and Legal teams to resolve conflicts and effectively implement solutions on compliance and employee relations topics
• Facilitate trainings to build employee relations abilities among HR community and people managers
• Leverage insights to influence all levels of the business and effectively handle complex employee situations that could have high organizational impact
• Coach and influence HR Business Partners on interventions required for individuals, managers, and/or teams on preventing employee relations risks, effective management of performance cases, giving performance feedback, and increasing employee engagement
• Conduct reviews and investigations on sensitive workplace issues and employee relations matters.
• Recommend policy changes and enhancements based on investigation outcomes and trends
• Undergraduate degree required
• Extensive experience of directly applicable HR and Employee Relations experience, including prior HR Business Partner experience handling sensitive ER issues, grievances, and providing strategic, resolution-based advice and guidance.
• The highest level of integrity with a proven track record to gain trust from all levels of the organisation
• Experience working with Works Councils
• Broad knowledge of EMEA employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately spot employment risks and issues
• Exercises sound judgement, while balancing acting with a bias for action, ability to balance multiple tasks and need for attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication abilities as well as planning, organization, and time management skills
• Coaches and influences all levels of employees and successfully delivers difficult messages
• Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas.
• Maintains composure in a fast-paced, fluid environment and successfully navigates ambiguity to build consensus and achieve resolutions with geographically diverse partners.
• Conveys empathy and cultivates strong relationships while handling sensitive situations
• Proven commitment to inclusion
• Excitement to build Employee Relations COE and participate in foundational efforts
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Want to learn more? Check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB!
King is the game developer behind the world-famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King's games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It's what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid-core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we're not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8n61-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.