Social Engagement Manager, Digital Marketing
Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Digital Marketing Manager, Call of Duty
As the Digital Marketing Manager for Call of Duty, you will be the driving force behind the brand strategy, creative development, and execution of content across a multitude of online platforms for our live ops team.
The position requires experience developing and executing a strategic approach to social platforms in high stakes environment, as well as familiarity with paid media campaigns and website development. This position is the conduit between Product Management, Consumer Marketing, Media, global offices, agencies, and internal stakeholders. The Digital Marketing Manager will have a thought leadership position inside the organization as it relates to our console and PC gaming community and approach to digital engagement.
In addition to knowledge of and passion for Call of Duty, the ideal candidate will be an expert in digital marketing, knowledgeable about the gaming space, and a proactive self-starter who is constantly looking to push the envelope with innovative and fresh ideas.
• Lead social media strategy development and execution for Call of Duty console and PC titles across various social platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, Reddit, Snapchat and YouTube
• Bring new and big ideas to the table, as well as collaboratively build on others' concepts to deliver game engagement and build brand passion
• Collaborate with web designers and developers to update the Call of Duty website
• Drive weekly social media reporting, insights and delivery through the use of analytics and CMS tools including Netbase, Spredfast, Tubular
• Utilize learnings to inform and support the creative approach to reach KPIs across platforms and campaigns
• Oversee the global Call of Duty social editorial calendar using Opal, aligning key stakeholders
• Collaborate with digital teams internationally, assuring they are on board with global plans and are executing local campaigns on strategy and at the appropriate times
• Work effectively with internal cross-functional teams including Product Management, Consumer Marketing, Media, Events, and Partnerships to drive 360 campaigns
• Work with external brand partners, developing and executing co-branded campaigns
• 7+ years experience in social media - agency (or client-side equivalent) as a Social Strategist or Digital Marketer, including experience strategizing, producing, and executing complex campaigns
• Experience collaborating within a large organization, driving creative work with multiple departments
• Proficiency in leading or working alongside Paid Media campaigns
• Production experience working on video shoots for social content, as well as long-form video for digital
• Familiarity with the gaming industry and overall enthusiasm for gaming
• Experience working with 3rd Party agencies/partners
• Appetite for all things digital and social -- up to date on the latest platforms and technologies and desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement
• Understanding of brand strategy and ability to write strategic marketing briefs and persuasive POVs
• Working knowledge of social platforms and tools such as – Opal, Netbase, Spredfast, Tubular, as well as each platform's native analytics tools, etc.
• Ability to effectively interact with internal/external stakeholders and all levels of management
• Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or marketing
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.