Position Title: GAnimator
Toys For Bob is a stellar team of inventors, makers, and magicians from all over the world who have been developing epic AAA games for far-reaching IPs like Crash Bandicoot, Call of Duty, Tony Hawk, and Skylanders since 1989. We are based out of a former military hangar that has been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge. If you love games and the people who play them; if you are great at what you do and are committed to continual growth, we'd love for you to be part of our family! Temporary contract position and full time employee options available.
• Toys For Bob is looking for a talented Animator. In this role, you will create and edit stylized and photorealistic 1st and 3rd person animations. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of animation principles and is able to problem solve with riggers and technical designers..
Here's what you'll be doing:
• Work directly with the Lead, Sr Animators and Designers to identify and execute on the animation needs of the game
• Plan, animate, implement, and support complex animations
• Create great animation using motion capture data or making original work through keyframe animation
• Follow group standards and best practices
• Collaborate effectively with other disciplines, including art, design, and audio
• Manage day-to-day development issues, identify problems, and drive creative solutions to fix them
• Might be the owner of minor animation sets and or scenes
• Work with outsourcing tools to implement animation assets
The skills and experience you'll need:
• 3 - 5 years of animation experience in the game industry
• Broad knowledge of game animations that spans across all parts of the development
• Knowledge of Motion Capture Editing and cleanup
• Ability to take direction.
• You are self-motivated, open to learning and expanding your knowledge
• Excellent communication skills, time management, and work discipline
• Experience with Maya
• Experience with scripting
You'll really catch our eye:
• Experience with facial animation.
• Experience animating non-humanoid characters
• Passion for first person shooters.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88186-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.