TV Animation - Storyboard Artist
New York, NY
Technical Manager, The View (ABC News)
The Technical Manager is responsible for managing the technical and operations needs of a live daytime talk show.
This position oversees all aspects of technical production, including post-production and digital.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritize and meet show needs, instruct and provide production team with strategic technical support while working in a fast-paced environment.
This position is responsible for managing and scheduling studio and control room staff.
Must have a comprehensive understanding of broadcast production and signal flow.
Must be familiar with the latest broadcast and digital equipment and technologies and be able to assist the production staff with new technologies.
• Manage and schedule technical crew and control room needs.
• Work with technical crew and studio maintenance team to troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade studio equipment and workflows
• Collaborate with show director and producers to establish look of live shots and studio events.
• Coordinate and communicate with remote locations to ensure technical quality and readiness for air.
• Assigning, establishing and coordinating IFB and PL lines for remote locations.
• Supporting editorial & production staff on use of broadcast and digital technology, including editing, graphics, streaming, etc.
• Assist in the troubleshooting of all technical issues, along with providing detailed resolutions.
• Communicate with production staff and colleagues clearly and efficiently
• Remain informed on industry trends and new technology developments.
• Minimum five (5) years of live studio operations and related broadcast experience.
• Experience with live remote field operations
• Strong broadcast engineering experience.
• Proficiency in iNews is preferred.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding live/24-hour news environment.
• Knowledge of News Room Automation
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Bachelor of Science/Arts degree in Communications, broadcast production, Engineering
or related field preferred.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.