Philadelphia's #1 news station is putting together a team to take television news into the future. We are looking for a producer with experience and vision for unique, high-impact content for streaming digital platforms. The ideal candidate will combine great news judgment with creativity and innovation to lead the news team to embrace this up and coming platform. A person with great organization and communication skills is a must.
This person will be required to book & conduct interviews, shoot, edit, post, write, publish & produce content for streaming and other platforms. This person may be assigned to work nights, overnights, holidays or weekends as needed and new tasks may be assigned as the position develops.
• Craft daily newscasts and manage all aspects of the broadcast
• Pitch story ideas on a daily basis
• Communicate well with others in the newsroom when building shows
• Collaborate with digital team members throughout the day
• Write clear and compelling copy
• Execute last-minute changes in high pressure situations
• Minimum of three years experience producing at a local news station
• Demonstrated ability work under deadline pressures and work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Detail-oriented with strong editorial and production skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be flexible with working hours (late nights, overnights, holidays) and adaptable to change
• Knowledge of the Philadelphia news market
• Experience developing original content for streaming platforms
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field
WPVI/6ABC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
This position is with WPVI Television (Philadelphia), LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WPVI Television (Philadelphia), LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxe7m-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.