Manager, Media Strategy (Walt Disney Television)
The Manager of Media Strategy will work closely with our media agency and lead the day-to-day logistics of media campaign management. The manager will be very active in reviewing the strategies, tactics, buys and execution of all paid media campaigns.
As a Manager you will be expected to work well within a team and be prepared for a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment. This individual is expected to show resourcefulness, exhibit accountability, work independently and demonstrate initiative. The person in the position should be prepared to flex both their creative and analytical muscles.
Ultimately, this role plays an active part in helping drive ratings, digital views, revenue and results for our paid media investment
• Acts as the key liaison with our media agency for ABC Entertainment. Helps to manage the agency representatives and provides briefing information and general guidance as plans are developed.
• Reviews plan submissions from the agency with marketing teams, provides feedback, and then submits them for approval to department management
• Provides new and unique thinking to ensure our media strategy is best in class.
• Collaborates during media plan development of all campaigns
• Ensures the execution of various media elements, per the agreed upon plan strategy, and focuses on management of essential details and information flow.
• Works closely with Marketing teams, Director of Media on all campaign elements
• Manages vendor relationships for ABC Entertainment.
• Experience working in a media-related field at media/broadcast company or media agency.
• Must have Offline Media Experience working in Cable, Out Of Home (OOH), & Radio. Digital experience a plus.
• Must have a passion for media and entertainment.
• Should have finger on the pulse of media trends.
• Analytical as well as creative/conceptual thinker
• Passionate about pop culture and TV/Media
• Can demonstrate ability to follow directions and take ownership of assignments to completion
• Must work well under deadline pressure and exhibit ability to be a strong team player
• Highly organized with attention to detail & strong grammar skills
• Professional phone manner and strong inter-personal people skills
• Must have a positive and can-do attitude
• Must be team-oriented
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
• Minimum 3 years of work experience in a media related field
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• College degree in Media or related field preferred
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.