Coordinator, Publicity Assets
Coordinator, Development (Disney Branded Television)
The Disney Branded Content Development team is seeking a qualified candidate for Coordinator, Development role. This individual will be a member of the creative team and help the network build its new brand through the development of innovative scripted series.
• Prepare detailed notes documents for Disney Branded Television projects in development, marshalling notes from the development team into clear, concise, actionable prose.
• Regularly update status reports of all Disney Branded Television projects across linear and streaming in production, pre-production, development, and submissions.
• Coordinate meetings to review key material in a timely manner.
• Manage schedules of key dates to ensure team is hitting development, pre-production, production, and post-production deadlines across all priority Disney Branded Television projects.
• Identify emerging writers and directors, from agencies and management companies as well as social media sites and festival circuits, for staffing and development needs.
• Identify books, articles, and podcasts that can serve as IP upon which to develop future projects.
• Read and evaluate all agency and staffing submissions.
• Track and acquire competitive scripts and pilots to allow the department to maintain an understanding of the creative landscape across broadcast, cable, and streaming.
• Work with counterparts in current series, DCOMs, talent, production, and marketing to ensure regular communication & shared information across key lines of business.
• Maintain relationships professionally and socially with internal studio counterparts as well as the external creative community at large.
• Create presentations for the department when needed.
• A minimum of 2 years of previous administrative assistant experience in a high volume entertainment desk at a studio, network, production company or talent agency.
• General understanding of the television development process.
• Knowledge of agencies, management companies, and networks.
• True self-starter who can multi-task and work well under pressure, shift priorities as needed, and serve as the central hub of information for key stakeholders.
• A passion for storytelling with a critical eye who is well-versed in the current TV/film landscape.
• Great organizational skills with superior attention to detail.
• Willingness to work overtime with short notice.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Keynote, and Google Teams.
• Minimum of 1 year of TV development experience.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.