Assoc Manager Account Managment
New York, NY
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Fourteen straight years of double digit growth. Thanks to our International Team, which specializes in taking US hits and making them global hits. We are an energetic group of die-hard travelers with a strong track record of identifying and acquiring winning programming from the English language, European and Asian markets. We currently manage 76 channels around the world with staff offices in London, Rome, Tokyo, Seoul, Munich and Singapore, and we're fluent in at least 42 languages. Parlez-vous français? Ni hui shuo zhongwen ma? If you answered ''yes'' (in any language) and enjoy having your passport stamped, our department might just be your next destination.
During the past five years, A+E has transformed itself into a leading purveyor of original unscripted content, not only powering the traditional linear networks for which it's known (A&E, History, Lifetime) but also building a prolific global licensing program to take advantage of emerging digital distribution around the world. At the same time, it has deployed multiple direct-to-consumer services (Lifetime Movie Club, History Vault, Crime Central) that allow it to craft end-user experiences that are unique to its content library.
A+E's Global Content Sales (GCS) division is at the forefront of each of these initiatives and will continue to drive the Company's growth in these non-traditional activities. Lines of business within GCS include:
• global linear content licensing
• global digital content licensing (TVOD, SVOD, AVOD and FAST channels)
• operation of direct-to-consumer services
• management of owned-and-operated linear channels
• administration of program license agreements (PLAs) to linear channels and associated joint ventures
• non-US co-productions and acquisitions
In this newly conceived role, the Vice President, Business Intelligence represents the lead architect of the division's data-driven approach to decisions. This will manifest in the form of regular reporting on the health of more than 10 individual business lines, valuation of existing content within the A+E library, projections of revenue against prospective content, and assessments of demand for A+E's own consumer-facing services.
More About What You'll Do
• Gather data, develop predictive models and perform advanced analyses that inform strategic decisions across all of A+E's GCS business unit, including:
• geographic market entry
• content licensing/valuations
• subscriber acquisition
• partnership design
• Serve as ''editor-in-chief'' of GCS' operational reporting on each of its lines of business.
• Collaborate with Research to ensure integrity of data definitions and with Technology to develop and maintain systems that support commercial decisions.
• Work closely with business leads on developing data-driven positions in negotiating with current and prospective partners.
• Support the development of qualitative/quantitative business plans to propose the launch of new business lines within A+E.
• 10+ years' experience working in highly quantitative roles (preferably in a consumer-facing business context)
• deep expertise with R, Python, SQL, SAS or other statistical analysis software
• leadership experience in the design of new models using qualitative (rather than explicit quantitative) input from colleagues
• track record in non-US territories is a plus
• excellent and persuasive oral and written communication skills, with comfort in presenting to senior management
• hands-on work ethic; a predisposition for ''getting things done'' while taking a collaborative approach
• strong personal character that embraces honesty and transparency while serving as a champion of the greater business
• passion for technology as applied to the media business
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nv46-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.