Tech / Data Operator
Moving Picture Company
New York, NY
Post Production Media Specialist (Temporary)
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E's programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
The Post Production Media Specialist will provide overarching technical and workflow support A+Es internal unscripted production teams, Six West and Category Six. Support will be focused on long-form post production, with additional responsibilities of pre-shoot / shoot advisement and support as it impacts media and assets for the post production process. The role is responsible for maintaining the media supply chain from receipt of assets to final delivery to broadcast and digital channels.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Support internal production teams, on tech calls for shoots, pre-pro calls, post production support, ingest, asset archive, delivery, workflow development and troubleshooting.
• Serve as a liaison to external vendors handling ingest of shoot media to cloud services.
• Liaise daily with Production Management team on media location, availability, and status.
• Support remote content production environments working with off-site team members ensuring connectivity, and continuity of the operations.
• Onboard and provide technical support to long-form Editors and Assistant Editors working on site and remotely.
• Assist in managing on-prem and cloud-based media storage allocations and devices.
• Support and administer all media assets, metadata, folders, rules, and access across post production storage and systems both on-site and in the cloud.
• Assist in ensuring best practices in workflows and educate clients regarding new and existing procedures from a media management perspective.
• Support Vantage workflows for camera Ingest, automated QC and file delivery.
• Assist in administering and maintaining SaaS and cloud-based solutions in the post environment.
• Assisting the ProdOps Archivist in the preparation of RAW media and sub-masters for backup and archiving.
• Liaise with clients to determine which media and projects are complete and can be archived and deleted from active production servers.
• Maintaining various systems trackers for resources, projects and assignments.
• Work with and take direction from Technical Operations Supervisor for daily assignments.
• Work with technology vendors on standing up and supporting virtual machines (VM's) for Edit and Media Management.
• This role may require non-traditional hours beyond a typical M-F 9a-5p schedule.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in post production technical support
• Long form, episodic and offline/online experience is preferred
• Broadcast or cable television network experience is preferred
• Comprehensive knowledge of Post Production workflows and processes
• Knowledge of Post Production software and systems including, but not limited to: Avid Media Composer, Avid Storage, Interplay, Vantage, Adobe Creative Suite, Blackbird,
• Experience in remote workflows and technologies to enable remote post production: HP-RGS, Avid Edit on Demand, Teradici, BeBop, Premiere Pro Team Projects and Productions.
• In-field production experience as an Asst Editor or Media Manager or DIT is a plus
• Experience with file transfer and cloud solutions: Aspera, Signiant, Media Silo, Shift, Frame.io, FTP, Lucid Link.
• Knowledge of: Airtable, Office 365, MS Teams, Google G-Suite apps, Shift, Windows, Mac OSX
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88o8k-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.