THE DIVISION'S STORY
Were you the first kid on your block to get a PlayStation? Did you foresee the day when movies could be filmed on a phone and TV shows could be viewed on a wristwatch? The Digital team is made up of just such visionaries and early adaptors. We dream up new ideas for gaming, apps, and SVOD initiatives and generate engaging online content for our owned and operated websites. But if all that tech talk makes you glaze over, there's always 45th & Dean, our in-house digital content storytelling hub. It's a collective of talented writers, editors, motion graphics artists and producers who create content across all social media platforms as well as support our Ad Sales and Distribution teams.
Our Editorial function, shared with Marketing, brings the voice, taste, and energy that brings our brands to life beyond linear. [content sales?]
The Social Media Creative Manager is the creative point for the network's social media content across platforms as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, from concept to development. Coordinate closely with the Director of Social Media to create high impact social-first content and innovative, trend setting moments for the A&E brand and its shows. The ideal candidate is a creative, yet detail oriented individual with a passion for television, entertainment and social media trends and they perfect eye for content that will perform on social media platforms.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Well versed in managing design principles for social-first content deliverables including: images, videos, gifs, memes, scene-lifts, IG stories, etc.
• End-to-end production of social media content – including ideation, script writing, fact-checking and asset creation.
• Create bold, eye-catching, engaging and shareable graphics, video and animated gifs to reflect our brand voice that will be used on A&E social media platforms.
• Ability to elevate available imagery (such as key art or Getty images) to create contemporary, premium looking creative.
• Experience in strategic brainstorming, campaign and creative brief development and creative executions.
• Love of typography and the ability to generate custom content specifically for social media platforms.
• Write scripts and produce virtual events such as Facebook and Instagram Lives.
• Liaising with the publicity team, create social assets for talent to distribute and promote across their social channels.
• Collaborate closely and regularly with the marketing team to ensure creative alignment and create cohesive campaigns across linear, digital and social media.
• Brainstorm creative solutions for projects in adherence with tight timelines, while contributing to a positive, collaborative, highly creative and engaging work environment.
• Excellent copy writer and able to schedule and post content, as well as handle fan community engagement.
• Ability to provide constructive design feedback and manage, as role will have a direct report.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator
• Understanding of industry standard file formats and deliverables for digital and social media.
• Experience using Avid or Premiere and After Effects
• Interactive/motion experience a plus
• Use Photoshop to create or edit images, assets.
• Design graphics in varying formats for social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook).
• Strong video editing and visualization skills.
Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Digital Media, or a related field
• Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience in social media and/or marketing.
• Proven experience creating content on behalf of a brand across social and digital platforms.
• Ability to work independently with strong decision making and critical thinking skills. Empowered to make your own decisions.
• Must love entertainment and TV! Don't care how you see it or stream it, but you need to love watching shows, talking about them, and being a true fan of your favorite programs!
• Savvy and knowledgeable about current social media trends. Understanding the content best served on different social media platforms
• Ability to translate business objectives and strategic direction into impactful campaigns that increase buzz and viewership.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment with a high volume of design requests requiring quick turnaround
• A creative, yet strategic thinker, comfortable navigating and ensuring creative alignment with the content strategy plan.
• Ability to identify complex design challenges and offer creative solutions.
• Solid understanding of social media platforms and their users (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, etc.)
• Excellent project and time management skills, you learn fast and can accommodate rapid change reacting quickly to new information.
• Ability and willingness to work on deadline and handle multiple tasks at once with a precise and detail-oriented approach.
• Excellent verbal skills to communicate effectively and on-brand with consumers as well as internal and external stakeholders. Strong editorial discretion.
• Demonstrated willingness to ''roll-up sleeves'' and pitch in, and inspire others on important projects
• Highly creative with a proactive approach to problem-solving
• Innovative and creative thinker, you are always thinking of creative ways of storytelling.
• Proactive, positive, reliable, incredibly dedicated, with tremendous follow-through
• You are a pop culture junkie, obsessed with finding the new social media design trends and being ahead of the curve creatively.
• Interest in history, journalism and passion for how it can be reflected in modern culture is a plus!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vbjn-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.