Senior Financial Analyst, International Accounting & Finance
New York, NY
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.
The Director Lead Production Accountant will be responsible for accurate financial tracking and accounting of Six West Media unscripted productions. While managing a team of two, this role will serve as the lead point of contact for all production accounting, cash flow, expense analysis and cost reporting associated with several concurrent programs in production.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Lead the production accounting activities for Six West Media.
• Act as key liaison between production accounting reporting and corporate finance.
• Manage general ledgers, cost reports and trial balances for Six West Media productions.
• Review and post general ledger entries and reclasses.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and distribute month end close packages to corporate finance and accounting.
• Review and approve invoices, wire transfers and production credit card transactions, including detailed management of Cashet credit card accounts.
• Manage production payroll through various staffing agencies while ensuring proper labor documentations and compensation rates are provided to and from both the crew and the employment agency on record.
• Update cost reports and general ledgers on an as-needed basis as requested by the production management team.
• Distribute and reconcile petty cash.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 5-15 Years of Production Accounting Experience
• Experience with Smart Start, Smart Accounting and Global Vista
• Expert in production cost report management, including ability to explain variances to production team and line producers
• Excellent general ledger management and reconciliation skills
• Experience with payroll and standard production labor partners (i.e. Entertainment Partners)
• Experience with managing a team of production accountants
• Excellent communication skills
AT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.