Director, Financial Reporting & Consolidation role is responsible for all financial reporting tasks for the Company. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the Company's accounting processes, including policies, are in accordance with US GAAP.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Director, Financial Reporting & Consolidation :
• Ensure that the accounting of transactions associated with the Company's operations is in accordance with GAAP.
• Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of the monthly consolidated financial results, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets. Oversee the monthly financial close process and analysis of the financial performance to identify areas of change and/or concern.
• Direct the accounting reconciliations and rollforwards; work with different accounting teams to identify, investigate and resolve the significant reconciling items among Company's consolidated entities.
• Lead quarterly balance sheet review meetings with the Controller and Assistant Controller.
• Coordinate and facilitate both the interim and year-end financial statement audits; direct the compilation of all audit request items and review them for accuracy; prepare the audited financial statements and the related footnotes. Manage the audit process to make sure it is completed on schedule.
• Oversee internal audit reviews conducted by the parent companies' Internal Audit team, act as a liaison and address any issues raised by the auditors.
• Develop working relationships with division business leaders; meet regularly with these leaders to present the financial results and discuss any operational issues present.
• Review, analyze and determine the appropriate revenue recognition for new sales deals, including ad sales, non-traditional deals, 3rd-party content sales and A+E Studio deals. Provide support to the Sales teams in formulating the terms and structure of the sales deals that are in compliance with revenue recognition standard.
• Research and analyze new accounting and financial reporting issues; keep abreast of GAAP guidance as it relates to existing and new business operations to ensure transactions are recorded and reported properly in accordance with GAAP.
• Oversee the adoption and implementation of all new accounting pronouncements, including ASC 842 Lease Accounting.
• Ensure that the Company's financial policies and procedures are current and adhered to.
Oversee the maintenance and refresh of all policies and procedures. Develop and communicate new policies and procedures as needed, enhance internal control processes and ensure consistency in all financial reporting processes.
• Manage the monthly financial close calendar and ensure the Company meets its financial reporting deadlines, including the preparation of financial packages for senior management and the Finance Committee reviews.
• Manage staff performing hedge accounting for the Company's foreign currency hedges and foreign exchange transactions remeasurement and translation.
• Prepare technical analysis on Accounting topics as required by Management.
• Manage staff performing financial reporting and consolidation tasks, including motivating, delegating, providing feedback, mentoring and professional development.
• Provide both formal and informal training in accounting concepts to the Accounting Staff
• Provide other support (i.e. special projects, ad hoc analysis, etc.) to VP Assistant Controller and SVP Controller as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
The Director, Financial Reporting & Consolidation is a critical position within the Controller's group. The candidate needs to have strong analytical, technical accounting and supervisory skills and be open to establishing accounting and analytical procedures in media operations. The individual in this role must have the business acumen to be able to analyze the changing business environment and determine the accounting impact very quickly. This candidate will need to be able to communicate highly effectively, both orally and in writing. The ideal candidate must have strong technical skills and the ability to conduct technical research and prepare a technical memo as required.
This position requires an individual who can multi-task effectively and be able to meet all established deadlines so that we can report financial results to senior management and the Board of Directors. He/She needs to be extremely organized and disciplined in his/her approach and be flexible to deal with changing business requirements. The ability to prioritize issues and determine those that need follow up immediately and those that can be dealt with later will be critical to success. The candidate must show proven records of leadership.
• CPA licensure is a must with deep understanding of US GAAP
• 10+ years of work experience inclusive of internal/external financial reporting experience required; top-tier public accounting firm experience required
• Candidate must be accountable, collaborative, creative and passionate.
• Excellent analytical, accounting and supervisory skills; ability to establish accounting and analytical procedures
• Excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding
• Superior organizational skills with attention to detail, excellent project managerial skills
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment; able to multi-task effectively and meet all established deadlines
• Self-motivated; highly capable of completing tasks and responding to department requests independently
• Demonstrates problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills
• Strong work ethic & professionalism
• Media industry experience preferred
• Strong working knowledge of financial reporting systems (preferably SAP)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rez3n7-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.