Public Relations Associate
Equal parts strategic communicator and media relations specialist, 160over90's Public Relations Manager will sit on the frontlines of 160over90's storytelling culture, increasing visibility and share of voice for the agency's esteemed higher education clients as well as select health, consumer, and nonprofit accounts.
Directly reporting to the SVP of Communications in Philadelphia-and connected to a team of ~50 consumer PR and corporate communications staff in 160's New York City locale-the PR Manager will be responsible for synthesizing complex information into engaging narratives; designing omni-channel communications strategies to drive mainstream interest; and securing national press attention for leading institutions and world-class researchers/faculty experts.
The position calls for a knowledgeable storyteller with a comprehensive understanding of the national media landscape, an intensive focus on industry news and market trends, and strong reporter relationships.
• Maintain complete understanding of clients' business objectives and established brand essence.
• Set strategic PR direction for clients, developing clear and actionable storytelling goals that operate in service of the big-picture organization, and determining white space to increase share of voice.
• Develop PR plans considering all facets of the agency's communications offerings, including: traditional media relations, executive visibility, content marketing, speech writing, speaking engagement bookings, and [in select instances] issues management.
• Stay apprised of national story lines, industry trends, market appetite, and executive leadership shifts can signal new PR opportunities.
• Author compelling press materials and story pitch angles to secure media interest.
• Manage ongoing earned media outreach with top-tier press outlets.
• Respond to media inquiries/interest on behalf of clients, facilitating interviews and prepping spokespersons for the most favorable story outcomes.
• Manage PR client relationships, inclusive of: leading senior stakeholder presentations, hosting recurring status calls, and regularly reporting on coverage results.
• Adhere to client-approved scopes, sustaining profitability.
• 6+ years working in PR-ideally in corporate communications and/or with thought leadership.
• Agency experience preferred.
• Higher education communications background a plus, but not required.
• Experience managing small teams.
• Track record of high-visibility, national media relations results.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Excels at both written and verbal communications.
• Comfortable leading client engagements and liaising with media contacts.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently, but also within a larger agency construct.
• Ability to manage multiple opportunities in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment.
• Skilled at prioritizing deliverables to meet client deadlines and team expectations.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency William Morris Endeavor (WME); sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.