- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWSYX/WTTE has two openings for Summer 2022 News Interns! The selected interns will have the opportunity to gain real-world newsroom experience and learn how the News is produced from start to finish through observational learning and hands-on training. If you are studying journalism, mass communications, communications, or a related field and want to experience the world of news firsthand, then this is the place to learn! This paid internship opportunity is located at WSYX/WTTE in Columbus, OH.
What to Expect:
• No day is the same. If you excel in an active, fast-moving environment and have the drive to learn the many different areas of News production, this position is perfect for you.
• You will work with reporters, anchors, producers, editors, and photographers, in-house and out in the field.
• You will receive training on various topics including how to produce a news segment from the control room, how to research and pitch a great story, how to operate camera equipment, what shots matter, and more.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Must be attending an accredited college or university or is a recent college graduate.
• Willing to work approximately 15 hours a week for 10 weeks, beginning in June 2022. There may be a variety in hours due to our news programming schedules.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to work from our Columbus, OH location.
Join us this summer and get the most out of your internship experience!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjx1k0-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.