- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Software Engineer - Returnship (REMOTE)
The Path Forward Return to Work program at WB Games is a 15-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
NetherRealm, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Software Engineer to work in our Koretech engine team to modify and extend Unreal Engine for the Mortal Kombat™ and Injustice™ franchises
As a Software Engineer you will work closely with the Lead Engineer and the rest of your peers to develop modern game tools, pipelines, and systems. You will work on runtime systems targeting Xbox Series X and PS5 consoles, offline tools for our artists to use, and the pipelines for making a AAA game at scale. You will design, implement, and optimize novel features inside and outside UE4.
In addition, as part of our highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of engineering systems across the entire codebase. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project. This job will require close collaboration with the Lead Engineer and the Technical Artists as appropriate during implementation and roll-out of new features.
• Design, author, maintain and document robust and highly optimized systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
• Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of your systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects
• Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture
• Collaborate with Lead Engineer, Technical Art and Game Engineers to identify systems in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new graphics technologies
• Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies
• Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems
• B.S. degree in CS/EE/Math/Physics or equivalent
• 3+ years professional C/C++ programming or equivalent
• Experience collaborating with content creators and engineers to accomplish difficult tasks
• Understanding of common software design tradeoffs and issues
• Ability to easily communicate technical topics with engineers and non-technical people.
• Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers
Nice to Haves
• Designed, implemented, optimized, and maintained systems for a published game
• Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills
• Ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills
• Strong desire to build industry-leading technology and ship the highest quality AAA games
• Experience with modern development environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7v41-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.