Summer Intern - Data Strategy and Insights
Remote / Virtual
Virtual Intern – Turner Sports UX Research
Turner Sports is a division of WarnerMedia News & Sports, and our mission with the Data Strategy and Insights team is to develop the best understanding of sports fans and use data driven insights to deliver exceptional fan experiences. The portfolio includes leading digital products for the NCAA, NBA, eLeague and Bleacher Report, attracting a wide-scale audience of diverse fans.
Turner Sports seeks an Intern for the Sports UX Research department.
As a User Experience Research Intern for the Turner Sports Data Strategy and Insights team, you will:
• Work day-to-day with the Product and Fan Insights team to support initiatives in consumer / fan insights, user experience research, and product analytics, thereby gaining exposure to a variety of user experience and consumer insights research methods (qualitative / quantitative, moderated / unmoderated, etc.) and how such insights are applied in our business.
• Work on projects that impact the business. You'll gain real world, "in-the-trenches" exposure to how digital sports products are designed, the business and fan challenges to be solved, with the opportunity to learn about every stage of the product lifecycle from product definition to delivery.
• Contribute to the betterment of the Turner Sports fan experience by uncovering what fans truly want and need to stay engaged and entertained.
• Partner with UX team, product managers, product designers, engineers, and content team to validate and test content, features and functionality that become great fan experiences.
• Listen, learn, ask good questions. We encourage interns to take the initiative to solicit feedback, connect with people outside their group, and ask lots of questions.
• Sound like you? Then you're someone we want to work with.
• Working towards an Undergraduate or Master's degree in the area of User Experience, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Science or related field with a focus on research.
• Familiar with the foundations of User Experience, qualitative and quantitative research methods, and metrics.
• Experience planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research.
• Strong presentation and communication skills. Able to clearly present your work and rationale to a variety of teammates and partners.
• Self-motivated. Able to take initiative, produce results independently as well as part of a team.
• You are: a team player, curious, proactive, adaptable, collaborative, and empathetic (of fans and colleagues). Bonus points if you're sports fan!
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted towards upperclassmen and graduate students
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Sports and others.