Intern - Content & Marketing Insights
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe Intern of Content & Marketing Insights will be working across the Content Insights and Marketing Analytics teams under the Insights & Analytics department to help guide Starz's global OTT expansion in content and marketing strategy through data analytics and business intelligence initiatives.
The intern will work with the Content Insights team primarily to track and analyze the competitive landscape on linear, and streaming platforms. The role will include an introduction to Nielsen reporting as well as experience with data queries using SQL. The intern will also support the Content Insights team to create PowerPoint presentations that provide in-depth analysis on Starz content performance.
The intern will be working with the Marketing Analytics team to gather, analyze, and present insights to guide marketing positioning and media buying decisions. This role will work with multiple social and audience insights tools, have hands-on experience with data warehouse using SQL, work with Tableau to build business intelligence projects, and present the insights to the department leadership.
This role involves technical analytical skills, but also requires clear communication with non-technical colleagues.
• Support Content Insights team in tracking competitive brands and reporting findings and/or trends
• Help track and identify content performance demographics
• Support team in creation of PowerPoint presentations that provide a visual narrative and actionable insights for Starz programming and the broader content landscape
• Support trailer release and premiere social insights from data gathering, QA, analyzing, to communicating insights
• Work with external partners to ensure the required data is loaded and ready for analysis
• Support audience research to identify key behavioral, demographic, and attitudinal traits to inform the development and targeting of future marketing campaigns
• Basic analytical and modeling skills including proficiency in SQL and Excel
• Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
• Basic data visualization skills with a strong preference towards Tableau
• Strong communications skills, including the abilities to translate complex customer data into meaningful insights
• Statistical background including model building experience a significant plus
• Enrolled in B.A. or B.S. programs in relevant fields such as Communications/ Business Communications, Marketing, and/or technical fields such as Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Economics
• A basic understanding of the TV/Film landscape and interest/passion for a variety of content
Lionsgate Virtual Remote Internship Program –Summer 2021
Program Dates: June 21st–August 27th, 2021
The Lionsgate Internship Program is designed to identify, recruit and develop a diverse group of students that will gain meaningful educational experiences, professional growth and career opportunities.
**Lionsgate has remote/virtual positions available within the United States to qualified individuals who live in certain areas of the United States. Remote opportunities are not available in all areas--specific questions about virtual/remote positions will be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.**
Please read the following information carefully before submitting an application.
The Lionsgate Summer 2021 Internship program dates are: June 21st–August 27th, 2021.
All interns are required to attend orientation on Monday, June 21st, 2021.
• All internships will be virtual and remote
• Interns can work a minimum of 30 hours/week and up to a maximum of 40 hours/week
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
• Interns must be current rising juniors through recent grads (within 6 months of internship start date)
• Graduate students are eligible to apply
• Interns must be available to work for the entire length of the program
• All internships are paid
All candidates must submit a resume (PDF preferred) toyour preferred area(s) of interest. The program offers internship opportunities in many departments, so candidates applying should keep in mind that they may be considered for departments not listed.
• Submit a 1-paged resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (Optional)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a great fit for Lionsgate &
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.