Marketing Distribution Finance Intern, Corporate – Summer 2023
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Summer Internship is from May/June through Sept. 1st (start and end dates are flexible based on school schedules) and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location This is not a remote role. A hybrid work option may or may not be available.
The Worldwide Marketing and Distribution Finance team is responsible for providing operational and financial support to the worldwide theatrical, home entertainment, television, and consumer products marketing and distribution businesses at SPE.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Researching and updating a comprehensive database of key performance indicators to help guide strategic decision-making by senior management.
• Drawing insights from trend analysis and preparing summarized reports to management.
• Assist with the budgeting and forecasting of worldwide theatrical, home entertainment, and domestic television marketing budgets.
• Assist with financial operational management.
The Intern will gain experience/exposure to the following:
• An understanding of the broader landscape of the film business and how analytics help guide important decision-making from greenlight to release.
• Learn how to effectively research using traditional outlets as well as creativity
• Learn how financial systems are used in real business operations.
• Demonstrated interest in business/finance through relevant coursework and experiences
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Office, Word, and PowerPoint
• Passion for the entertainment industry as a whole
The anticipated base salary for this position is $17/hour. This role may also qualify for comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvzbxw-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.