Summer / Fall Intern - Multicultural Marketing Trainee
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionMulticultural Marketing Trainee, MPG - Summer/Fall 2021
Intersectional Marketing is the next tier from standard Multicultural Marketing, in which strategic campaigns are crafted for BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, Hispanic, and persons with disabilities specifically from a lifestyle perspective. Previously, an ethnic designation would be the main driver. Intersectionality recognizes and then hones in on our consumers where they live, how they interact with content, and what drives them to our films. This allows for full inclusivity as it relates to outreach and partnerships.
The Intersectional Marketing team is seeking a highly-intelligent, intuitive, self-motivated, and creative trainee. The Intersectional Marketing team is part of the marketing department of Sony Pictures. The team is responsible for engaging across all disciplines of film marketing to identify, refine, develop and integrate strategies and tactics to enhance and enrich outreach to Hispanic, African American, Asian American & Pacific Islander, LGBTQ, and Disability Communities. From script to screen – the team is involved across all phases of the marketing lifecycle.
The trainee will be responsible for supporting the Director, Intersectional Marketing in daily activities/projects and must be highly organized, deeply curious, proactive, task-oriented and is responsible for ensuring that the team and associated activities run smoothly and effectively. General knowledge and/or have assisted in the support of the workflow of publicity campaigns, as well as developing/maintaining efficient reporting templates.
The role requires an acute attention to detail, solid organizational skills, the utmost professionalism, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information. Exceptional communication skills are crucial in order to interact across multiple disciplines within the marketing department (i.e. Publicity, Digital, Media) to help support efforts targeting the intersectional audience. Individuals must be able to efficiently handle a workload with changing deadlines and priorities.
This role exposes the individual to all marketing disciplines, with a focus on publicity and provides an opportunity to become a well-rounded marketer.
• Minimum 1 year experience in a publicity/marketing role
• Assist with day-to-day publicity needs (participate in agency calls, attend publicity meetings to capture notes, etc.)
• Provides support with multicultural/intersectional media outreach, events, partners, tastemakers, etc. as needed
• Supporting press with assets and publicity materials, assisting with interview schedules
• Working with cross-functional teams such as Creative, Digital/Social, Media, Partnerships and National PR
• Researches competitive campaigns and provides analysis on key findings
• Creating and managing talent itineraries and working with the Intersectional coordinator to book and oversee all aspects of the trip to ensure all goes smoothly including troubleshooting as needed
• Securing screening rooms and coordinate logistics including delivery of the DCP, payment, and drive-on
• Supporting junket, festival, premiere, and press day activities including car grids and coordination, day-of logistics, and select talent handling duties.
• Updating and maintaining various lists, documents, and charts on the department's shared drive
• Coordinate with other members of the Intersectional Marketing team to bridge work-gaps in the department when necessary
The Successful Candidate Is:
• Passionate about the multicultural landscape
• A fan of film and pop culture
• Expressed ideas confidently and clearly
• Meticulously detail-oriented
• Resourceful, tries to find a solution before escalating issues
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure
• A proactive and positive thinker
• Has strong writing skills
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8vxx-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Sony Pictures' global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.