Stage 6/SPWA Department, Intern – Fall 2022
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work t hat allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real - world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Fall Internship is f rom September through December and all candidates must be able to work 10 - 29 hours a week, Monday through Friday (flexible depending on school schedule) on a hybrid schedule.
The WW Acquisitions department produces original films and acquires films dur ing festivals (Sundance, Cannes, Toronto, Tribeca, SXSW, Berlin, etc.) as well as outside of festivals for distribution under Sony's various platforms. We acquire in various stages (Scripts, finished films, promos, etc.). Our group also does development an d oversees projects creatively that we acquire during festivals and between festivals. This requires a combination of analytical analysis of the financial potential of films, marketing and publicity for the films we acquire, and traditional development, no tes, and casting/directing lists for all the films we are in the midst of development on. In addition to this, the Intern will also learn about traditional production practices and what it takes for the executive level to oversee traditional productions on a mid - size budget level being shot both within the US and abroad.
• Review, assess and create coverage report s
on incoming scripts for consideration. Intern will learn key tenets of story and how to evaluate projects at a studio level
• Assist with project - by - project analysis of films and promos, as well as analysis of all submissions to major film festivals around the world
• By helping o ur executives with the organization of various major film festival entries, the Intern will gain a firm understanding of what it takes for an independent film to become successful
• The Intern will also gain an understanding of how our group purchases films for various territories around the globe
• The Intern will be integral in the acquisition preparation following Cannes and leading up to Toronto, AFM, and Sundance. This will allow the intern to not only see how our group prepares to buy dozens of features a nnually, and also how our group prepares for original productions that we finance under our various banners
• This Intern is fully macro in its scale, and learns levels of films, all stages of film production, completion, and acquisitions, and also provides as a great launching point for those who have career aspirations within film and acquisition
• Contribute to the development of Stage 6 Films/SPWA project with notes, casting and director ideas
• Help formulate research documents for specific projects
• Create presentations outlining film, TV and other forms of entertainment that they are currently consuming
• Relevant experience or education in Film or TV
• Strong work ethic, communication and organizational skills
• Be able to react quickly under pressure and complete assignments in a timely manner
• Have a keen eye for detail while being able to multitask
• A proven understanding of the independent film world
• Well versed with MSOffice & FileMaker
• Historical knowledge and love of film is strongly desire d
• Understanding current theatrical and streaming film marketplace
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Stage #06
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb8y0y-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.