Intern - Game Design
Santa Monica, CA
This internship is for Summer 2021.
Santa Monica, CA.
Santa Monica Studio is seeking a Production Intern to join the team behind the critically acclaimed God of War games.
We are looking for a Production Intern who is excited to work alongside the video game industry's premier talent in animation, design, art and technology to create AAA content for the PlayStation! The Production Intern will help to facilitate scheduling, asset tracking, communication and assist in a variety of tasks to maintain the infrastructure for various disciplines. The ideal candidate is an outstanding communicator, organizer, and knows his or her way around Excel, JIRA, Photoshop and the Sony hardware.
• Assist production staff with day to day production issues for different departments
• Work closely with various cross-departmental groups to ensure communication, delivery of assets and feedback.
• Help assemble presentations for teams, take screenshots and record footage
• Help to take notes in various stand-ups and meetings, disseminate information, update schedule and bug databases, the wiki and track status
• A Senior or graduate student currently enrolled in a BA or MA program majoring in Production Management, Fine Arts, Visual Art, Studio Art, Computer Animation, Interactive Entertainment or related field
• Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, JIRA, Confluence, Sony hardware and Photoshop
• Familiar with one or more production techniques such as SCRUM, Waterfall, Kanban, etc.
• Basic understanding of the production process and pipelines of various types of design, game art, characters, environments, visual development, or animation
• Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.