Intern - Partnerships
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Partnerships Intern (2 days per week)
Universal Pictures International Australia is a division of NBCUniversal. For almost a century, Universal has been known for its diverse slate of films, including classics such as Jaws, the Jurassic Park series, Mamma Mia, Fast and Furious and Bourne. UPI owns and operates direct theatrical marketing and distribution of feature films in many locations around the globe.
This role is a fixed-term contract for 9 months between mid-March and mid-December 2022. The role is two days per week, based in Sydney.
Regular Weekly Duties:
• Attend weekly Marketing WIP, Monday's at 10:30am
• Attend weekly Partnerships WIP, Monday's at 2:30pm. Take minutes and report weekly Partnerships update
• Attend monthly Consumer Products & Home Entertainment conference call WIP
• Sign up to exhibitors' EDMs and report major campaign activities with competitor titles on a weekly basis
• Sign up to and review daily Social Diary eDM and weekly marketingpartnerships.com EDM for new product launches, brand partnership opportunities, updated contacts and report key headlines weekly
• General administrative support in major campaigns and events as required
• Update the partnerships databases to ensure contacts are most current
• Maintain database of exhibition contacts
• Research potential partners for film specific promotions e.g: competitor activity and media monitoring, browsing (online, media, supermarkets, retailers)
• Research competitor brand partnership programs and prepare competitor reports on major competitive titles
• Research competitor exhibitor promotional activity and prepare competitor exhibition program reports on major competitive titles
• Research major sporting, seasonal and music events with a view to potential partnership tie in with Universal film releases
• Sourcing leads by gathering market intel on brands to refine pitch lists to partnership team
• Creation of exhibition post campaign reports
• Management of fortnightly NBCU Symphony update document
• Assist in creation of third party promotional post-campaign reports for head office
• Prize fulfillment, sending out merchandise and prizing to winners
• Sending out in-season passes to partners
• Assist with contra DVD/BDs as required with Home Entertainment
• Assist with contra Books & CDs as required with book publishers and music distributors where relevant
• Store room organization/create a spreadsheet of what items we have
• Work with State publicists to get quotes for and book screens for partner screenings
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Work, Outlook and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well organized with great prioritization skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent communication and a great team player
- Passionate about the Film industry
- Currently undertaking university study in communications or marketing-based discipline
The goal at NBCU is to come together as one company and commit to building a more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace, where everyone is treated with respect and our differences are embraced and celebrated.
• Current resume (maximum of two pages).
• Cover letter (maximum of one page).
Within your cover letter, please tell us:
1. How have your lived experiences shaped your perspectives as an individual and how do you think it will benefit you in this role?
2. Why you'd like to work at NBCUniversal.
3. What you can bring to the role.
Applications close on 9 October 2021.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g337xq-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.