Intern - Film Development
Remote / Virtual
Lionsgate is currently seeking a virtual analyst intern. This intern will help the Digital and Packaged Media team with various projects as well as assisting in the development of the team's Tableau reporting infrastructure. The intern will be taught the basics of the home entertainment industry with the ultimate goal of generating Tableau dashboards for key stakeholders at Lionsgate.
• Learn the fundamentals of the digital and packaged media industry
• Provide analysis of key titles on home entertainment
• Responsible for assisting team with ad-hoc reporting requests
• Participate in team meetings and offer industry insights
• Analyze industry and economic trends
• Collaborate with other divisions within Motion Picture and Television groups at Lionsgate
• Develop knowledge of Tableau database in order to map large home entertainment datasets
• Work extensively with Business Intelligence team in building Tableau dashboards for executive stakeholders at Lionsgate
Qualifications and Skills
• Previous internship experience in an analytical role preferred
• Have excellent Excel skills
• Must be highly motivated with the ability to problem solve and handle multiple projects in a fast-pasted environment
• Must have self-discipline to finish projects in a virtual workplace
• Must have interest in Movies and Television of various genres
• Current college student or recent graduate, preferably with a major in Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics or related field
Nice to Haves
• Experience and knowledge of databases a plus
• Experience with Tableau, SAP BPC (Outlooksoft) or Microstrategy Reporting Tools a plus
• Knowledge of entertainment industry a plus
• ''Out of the Box'' thinking and problem solving
Lionsgate Virtual Remote Internship Program –Summer 2021
Program Dates: June 21st–August 27th, 2021
The Lionsgate Internship Program is designed to identify, recruit and develop a diverse group of students that will gain meaningful educational experiences, professional growth and career opportunities.
**Lionsgate has remote/virtual positions available within the United States to qualified individuals who live in certain areas of the United States. Remote opportunities are not available in all areas--specific questions about virtual/remote positions will be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.**
Please read the following information carefully before submitting an application.
The Lionsgate Summer 2021 Internship program dates are: June 21st–August 27th, 2021.
All interns are required to attend orientation on Monday, June 21st, 2021.
• All internships will be virtual and remote
• Interns can work a minimum of 30 hours/week and up to a maximum of 40 hours/week
• Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
• Interns must be current rising juniors through recent grads (within 6 months of internship start date)
• Graduate students are eligible to apply
• Interns must be available to work for the entire length of the program
• All internships are paid
All candidates must submit a resume (PDF preferred) toyour preferred area(s) of interest. The program offers internship opportunities in many departments, so candidates applying should keep in mind that they may be considered for departments not listed.
• Submit a 1-paged resume (PDF preferred)
• Submit a cover letter (Optional)
• Explain why your background and experience make you a great fit for Lionsgate & Starz
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world.Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.