- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionIntern - Videographer - KTVK/KTVK
Arizona's Family (KTVK & KPHO) is a media powerhouse located in Phoenix, Arizona. The purpose of Arizona's Family is to empower Arizonans to live their best lives. Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona's Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week. CBS 5 is Arizona's most-watched television Station driven by the power of CBS programming and sports while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly-rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. The reach of Arizona's Family doesn't stop with linear television, azfamily.com is the market's top performer in local multi-platform uniques. It is also home to Arizona's Family Originals, our in-house original content production team that is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docuseries, and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona which has more than one million downloads to date. But at the heart of it all is our commitment to Arizona. Community is the cornerstone of all we do at Arizona's Family raising millions of dollars for charities across Arizona each year, creating a movement of kindness through our Surprise Squad and Pay it Forward initiatives, and providing Christmas to more than 50,000 Arizona children each holiday season are just some of the many examples of our commitment to our viewers and the great state 48.
If you have the desire to grow your news photography/videography, take initiative, and have the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback, then you could be our next intern. This is a unique opportunity to learn from some of the best, award-winning journalists in the business. This is a paid, part-time internship!
Intern duties/responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Must be available for three approximately 8-hour shifts/week. We are a 24/7 news operation, so days/nights/weekend shifts are available.
- Must have a responsible presence on social media/other digital platforms.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), proven news judgment, ethics and integrity.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have some videography experience.
- Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work quickly, make deadlines, multi-task and show composure in spot news situations.
• ️ As a paid intern, you won't sit and watch someone else doing their job. The intern program is an immersive experience where you serve as a valued team member of our award-winning teams.
We look forward to hearing from you!
• ️ Interested in the program? Go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, type ''KTVK Intern'' (in search bar)
KTVK/KPHO-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r14pwv-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.