Fall Intern - Production
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe Production Department produces content for ESPN's family of networks that fans can watch on television, their computer, tablet or smart phone; examples include live events and studio shows on ESPNU and SEC Network.
• Screens, logs, transcribes and clips footage for events
• Creates shot sheets and cut sheets for assigned highlights
• Cuts show elements, such as video b-roll, highlights, teases; selects material for bumps and roll-outs
• Collaborates with video editors to produce high level show content
• Organizes head shot, element and melt reels
• Screens videotapes and/or servers and conducts research in the media asset management system to obtain material for the preparation of production elements
• Provides timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements and publishes to various platforms
• Suggests creative content during production meetings
• Logs and archives video and associated data for future use
• Perform crew functions as needed during productions and assist in location productions
• Flexibility to rotate between studio and remote environments
• Observes departments outside of Production
• Attends various event opportunities relative to understanding the overall company
• Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station
• Elite knowledge of sports, including current athletes, rules and events
• Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing equipment including but not limited to Final Cut Pro and Quantel
• High level of familiarity with ESPN programming, platforms and studio shows
• Historical knowledge of US sports
• Experience with editing, screening, logging and/or archiving video
• Familiarity with sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies
• Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
• Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last 18 months
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The approximate dates are August 23 – December 10, 2021. Interns will work 40 hours per week throughout the internship. There may be some flexibility based on candidate's academic schedule.
Work Environment: This internship may be in-person in Charlotte or may be remote. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space. If in person, limited housing assistance may be offered for those who qualify.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw863n-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.