Intern - Technical Animation - Metahuman Creator
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Technical Animation Internship - MetaHuman Creator
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Metahuman Creator team is looking for a creative Technical Animation Intern to join them in May 2022. MetaHuman Creator is a free cloud-based app that empowers anyone to create photorealistic digital humans, complete with hair and clothing, in minutes. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to work directly on our new Unreal Engine tool for creating high-fidelity fully rigged digital humans, alongside some of the world's leading artists.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
• Help to create and maintain Rigs and Simulation for Unreal Engine Metahumans
• Setting up assets in Unreal Engine; including cloth, physics, blueprints
• Work alongside Epic's Artists and Animators to solve problems and deliver high quality rigs
• Work closely with several mentors to develop and grow as a Technical Animator
• Must provide a strong demo reel that demonstrates knowledge of fundamental rigging principles
• Well versed with rigging assets in Maya and comfortable using Unreal Engine
• Experience with Blueprints
• Understanding of Simulation Systems in engine (Cloth, Physics, Anim Dynamics)
• Attention to aesthetic detail, especially with regards to character deformation and physics movement
• Positive individual with strong written communication and teamwork skills
• Passion for game development and Epic Games products
• This is a remote, paid internship starting in May 2022. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1py8y-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.