Summer Intern - Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Romania, one of the largest tech companies and video game developers in Romania, brings together experienced people from diverse work backgrounds and industries all united by a common passion: bringing the best video games in the world to life!
If your dream job is to work with cutting-edge technologies on some of the most popular video game franchises in the world, including EA SPORTS FIFA, then you've come to the right place. Prepare to level up your learning and career development together with some of the most experienced industry professionals in the gaming world: a diverse, creative and collaborative group of people united by a shared vision of excellence.
As an intern within Frostbite Bucharest you will have the chance to understand how this powerful game engine works, build new functionalities from the ground up and understand complex concepts of game AI. In fact, you will get a glimpse of what it means to change the face of interactive entertainment.
• As an intern you will help build features, testing and integrating them in game code, working together with other software engineers.
• You will participate in an Agile software process including daily stand-up meetings and sprint planning. You will work with the dev and QA team members to resolve road-blockers and ensure completion of tasks
• You will need to learn and follow standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing. This is a great opportunity to learn about the game development industry and experience the development lifecycle of a very large project.
• Study for a Computer Science Degree or Mathematics degree
• Programming knowledge in C++/C#
• Familiarity with OOP and data structures
• Exposure to scripting languages such as Python
• Algorithmic knowledge using common computing algorithms
• Basic exposure to multithreaded programming and debugging
• Previous software development experience (including academic or home projects)
We thought that you may want to know about:
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Work schedule: April – June – Part-time working hours (flexible and to be confirmed) and
July – September – Full-time working schedule
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.