Java Engineer Co-Op - Gameplay Services
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to achieve an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
We are looking for a Concept Artist Intern to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development on a new entry in the Skate franchise. You will report to Skate's Art Director and work in collaboration with content creators working on character style, features, and content creation techniques.
Responsibilities of the job:
• You will work with the art director, character artists, and environment artists to create concepts to explore and solve problems visually.
• You will work through an organized process of refinement, starting with sketches, developing color studies and finishing with refined final paintings.
• You will gather needed photographic reference material to add important details and build believability in your concepts.
• You will explore color palettes and lighting schemes through quick studies to build readable and believable spaces.
• You will create concepts which explore different clothing designs and ensembles in both greyscale sketch and color.
You have the following requirements:
• Environment and component ideation and design
• Traditional illustration skills in multiple media and excellent drawing skills
• Experience with 3D software such as ZBrush, Maya, or Sketchup is a plus
• Fundamental skills including good use of line, light, shadow, and color
• Experience with clothing trends and experience rendering convincing clothing and fabric.
• Experience with storytelling and concept development
• Experience drawing human anatomy accurately
• Enrollment in an art program or design-related discipline
• English is the required language of work
Please submit a portfolio/demo reel link with your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.