Intern - Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA
PhD. Data Science Intern (Summer 2021)
Data Science Summer Intern
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
The Data Science internship is part of the Data Science team within the Studio Data Insights group. We are looking for a PhD candidate in a quantitative field to join us in summer 2021. Data Science interns typically own a single project relevant to their area of study, which they are expected to accomplish, working with their manager and other members of the data science team to ensure the impact of their work.
• Research, design, and implement and validate models and algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data.
• Perform advanced statistical'/machine learning analyses on customer databases and other sources
• Present results to business leaders, product managers and other analysts.
• Communicate applicable results and findings derived from data throughout the organization.
• Work with other areas of the business on long-term projects, often spanning multiple years and numerous franchises.
• Implement and share new methodologies.
• You are an enrolled PhD student in STEM majors.
• You are looking to apply your expertise to aid EA in framing and implementing new systems to keep us on the cutting-edge of personalization and recommendations
• You prioritize communication that can create compelling stories for executives.
• You have a passion for data and applying data science to make decisions and recommendations.
• You are hypothesis driven – using data to test ideas rigorously and objectively.
• You have a high level of mathematical competence..
• Views challenges as opportunities; tenacious and focused.
• You value partnerships and collaboration across teams.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.