Intern - Technical Animation
Winter INTERNSHIP - 3D ART
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative Mirror's Edge games.
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic students who want to join DICE this winter for an internship as a 3D Artist.
As an intern, we don't expect you to be productive straight away. Learning the tools and workflows will take time. The most important thing is for you to learn, ask questions and be curious. Once you are ready to take on production tasks, your lead, manager, and mentors will guide and assist you along the way.
• Become a part of the 3D Art team, learning the workflows used at DICE and how to use said workflows in a production environment.
• Try out different areas within 3D Art to get a better idea of what you would like to do in the future.
• Ask for feedback, work with the team, and ask questions!
We look for fundamental artistic knowledge, passion for your craft, and a broad understanding of the workflows related to your discipline.
• A solid foundation in 3D Art and with industry-standard software packages such as Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, and the Substance suite.
• An understanding of how things work in real life and a sense of realism in both motion and construction.
• An understanding of creating with efficiency and the importance of being mindful of performance constraints, both with regards to in-game performance and workflows.
• A mindset excited by challenges and curiosity to learn new technologies and ways to do things better or faster.
• Past collaboration experience, such as situations where you have had to seek and act on feedback.
GOOD FOR YOU TO KNOW
Even if your experience doesn't perfectly match this job description we would love to hear from you anyway and get to know you better. DICE is made up of people with different backgrounds and perspectives, so regardless of where you come from, we want you to apply if you want to join the next generation of DICErs.
Please note that this internship is unpaid and temporary employment. It needs to be associated with a university education or any other type of education that has an internship period planned into the education plan, for example, LiA. We are not able to provide relocation services for this role, so we will only consider candidates already residing in Sweden.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmw4km-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.