Intern - Accounting / Finance
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Position Title: Accounting/Finance Intern
Status (E/NE; FT/PT): Non-Exempt; Intern
Reports to: SVP, Human Resources
Hours: Up to 40 hours per week + nights, holidays and weekends as necessary
Our 2022 Full Season Internship Program is an 8-month program designed to provide college students and recent graduates with a once in a lifetime opportunity within the sports and entertainment industry. We designed our program to deliver real life, hands-on experience that can be readily applied to future challenges and professional pursuits.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
• Assist with month end closing, including balance sheet account reconciliations
• Help prepare documents for NBA and GAAP audits
• Excel based schedules and analysis to support month end close
• Year-end vendor/customer communication
• Assist finance with month end analysis and reporting
• Other accounting and finance tasks as need arises
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• College students entering their junior or senior year, or recently graduated college within the last six months, majoring in Accounting or Finance.
• A GPA of 3.0 or above is strongly preferred.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
• Hard-working, self-improvers who are hungry, proactive, and possess a positive attitude.
• Must be available to work at least 30 hours per week, unless otherwise agreed upon with their supervisor. Some interns must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
• Ability to commit to the full season assignment.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from The Pistons Performance Center.
• Must be able to provide your own housing throughout the duration of the internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g32nj5-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.