- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Virtual CNN LA News Bureau Intern – Summer 2021
• Work closely with assignment editors on the frontline of gathering news for California and the Western region.
• Write and contribute to news alerts used for both television and digital reporting.
• Make calls and respond to breaking news.
• Provide editorial and logistical support for news reporting, including interviews and research.
• Assist with news planning in the region.
• Undergraduate or graduate student who is majoring in Journalism, communications, or a related field.
• A thorough understanding of California, its history and diverse communities.
• Digitally savvy with a thorough understanding of social media platforms.
• Self-motivated, organized and incredible attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills and able to collaborate with team members and sales clients.
• Results-driven with strong problem-solving skills.
• Passion for media, news and current events.
• Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for full duration of the internship.
• Summer 2021 program dates are June 7th - August 13th; must be available for full program duration.
• Full-time schedule (40 hours/week) designed to work around class schedule.
• Fully remote/virtual experience; company owned laptop provided for the duration of the internship program.
• Salary based on office location; relocation is not provided.
• This position is targeted toward upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
• Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
• Engaging events including executive speakers sessions, professional development workshops, and more
• Opportunity to join the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.