Intern - Consumer Insights
Santa Monica, CA
Amazon Studios is seeking bright, multitasking, dynamic and self-motivated interns to work hard, have fun and make history with us this summer. Amazon Studios Internship Program gives interns experience working with the studio behind award-winning shows such as The Boys, Fleebag, Man in the High Castle and Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and
critically-acclaimed films Borat 2, Big Sick, Life Itself and Love & Friendship. In addition to working closely with executives, interns have the opportunity to participate in guest speaker sessions, and networking events.
Our summer internship class will take place from June through August 2021. Internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required, however we will provide documentation if necessary.
The IP & Literary department of Amazon Studios identifies and sources Intellectual Property (IP) for potential film/tv adaptation. These include books, articles, podcasts/audio content, graphic novels, video games, board games, and other forms of IP. We work with our domestic film and television departments, as well as our local language territories around the world.
Over the course of the internship, our intern will:
• Help with the creation of the IP Memo, which tracks new material in the external marketplace.
• Distribute a daily memo, reporting on major publishing deals, material optioned, and new industry trends in both the publishing and audio space.
• Read books pre-publication and podcasts, and perform coverage (synopsis of the material and one's thoughts).
• Dive deep into the publishing and audio industries of specific local language territories (biggest publishers, literary agencies, top selling authors/creators, books, and publishing trends specific to each marketplace).
• Experience with executive level calendar management
• Experience with domestic and/or international travel coordination
• Experience with Microsoft Office Products
• 2+ years of professional experience
• Must be a current student seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree
• Ability to work 40 hours per week.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word, as well as strong working knowledge of Excel & Sharepoint.
• High attention to detail
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Detailed planning, time management and organizational skills
• Positive, proactive and able to always exercise great judgment and common sense
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Creative problem-solver
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• Previous work experience in the entertainment industry a plus.
• A love of books and reading!